The complexities that come with dating as a single parent can range from “When is my date worthy to meet my child?” to “Am I even ready to date?” Read more…
All posts in Trending Topics
It’s been almost one week since the U.S. women’s soccer team crushed Japan in a 5-2 victory on Sunday, and the party’s still going strong. Read more…
It seemed like everyone had an opinion about our future, but we always knew that we belonged together.
Every so often we’d make plans, but something always got in the way.
However, over the last year or so we started getting closer. This time it felt different. It felt right. It felt like things were finally coming together.
Then one morning in June, we could tell that magic was in the air. We decided to make it official — and finally say “I do”, just like every loving couple deserves to.
We’re so happy that our dreams, and the dreams of millions, will finally become a reality.
Love was all I ever needed, and today, I’m so proud to say that #LoveWins.
It’s something we all do, whether we mean to or not. Whether it’s getting a free piece of pie from your waitress or jumping to the front of the line outside a club after catching the bouncer’s eye, we’re all guilty of flirting with someone we’re not really attracted to now and then. Regardless, everyone likes to flirt and our Singles in America study recently unveiled some hidden truths about how both men and women use it to their advantage. Read more…
It’s probably no surprise that 31% of singles met their last first date through an online dating site. What you probably don’t know is that the lifestyles and dating habits of online daters vary dramatically from those of offline daters. Online daters go on more dates, are more likely to be actively seeking a committed relationship, are more interested in marriage, are more open to a long-distance relationship, and have more sex. Check out these other crazy comparisons from our recent 2014 Singles in America study… Read more…
TGIF! It’s Friday and you’re probably thinking about anything other than your 3 pm project deadline. What to wear on that date tonight, should you go with a red lip or opt for a neutral shade, curls or straight hair—decisions, decisions! Well, while you’re at home tonight pondering booties vs. heels, let us give you a little advice on what NOT to do when it comes to texting and social media on your date tonight. From our recent Singles in America study, we found out what men say are major texting and social media faux pas: Read more…
Awards season is in full bloom, and with that, we’re finally approaching the main event: the most prestigious (and most fabulous!) awards show of the year, the 87th Annual Academy Awards. The long dresses, the diamonds, the slicked-back hair and most importantly, the “who’s who” of Hollywood all gathered into one room to celebrate the year’s most extraordinary films. The red carpet will definitely see its fair share of Hollywood couple royalty, but what about the love stories and romances within the films themselves? In #FlashbackFriday fashion, let’s take a look back at some of our favorite movie couples from past decades of Oscar-winning films. Read more…
Today’s Trending Topics is all about George Clooney and what we’ve uncovered about him in our 5th Annual Singles in America study. (Well, what we’ve uncovered about single men in general.) We’re calling it the “Clooney Effect.”
Like George Clooney, many men seek the “new woman” – someone who is smart, powerful and self-sufficient. 87% of single men would date a woman who makes ‘considerably more’ money and who is considerably better-educated and more intellectual than themselves; 86% seek a woman who is confident and self-assured, and 39% would also make a long-term commitment to a woman who is 10 or more years older.
This trend is sweeping the nation. Here are a few of our favorite “Clooney Effect” couples:
Natalie Portman and Benjamin Millepied
- Portman was a semi-finalist in the Intel Science Talent Search competition in high school. She studied neuroscience and psychology at Harvard University and attended graduate school at The Hebrew University in Jerusalem. She’s fluent in Hebrew and has studied Japanese, Arabic, French, and German.
Elizabeth Banks and Max Handelman
- Banks graduated magna cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania. She’s also a member of the Massachusetts Junior Classical League.
Kate Beckinsale and Len Wiseman
- Beckinsale won the W.H. Smith Young Writerss Competition twice in her teens for short stories and poems. She also studied French and Russian literature at New College, Oxford. She’s fluent in French, Russian, and German. As if that’s not enough, she also has a reported IQ of 152.
Shakira and Gerard Piqué
- Shakira is a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and a member of the President’s Advisory Commission on Educational Excellence for Hispanics. In addition to her native Spanish, she speaks English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic and Catalan.
Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy
- Danes studied psychology at Yale and attended the Dalton School, the New York City Lab School for Collaborative Studies, the Professional Performing Arts School, and the French-speaking Lycée Français de Los Angeles.