Each week, we are breaking down the latest stories in love, relationships and pop culture. Use them as ice breakers on your date this weekend, or as a cautionary tale in dating. Either way, we want to hear your opinions in the comment section! Read more…
All posts in Dating Trends
Holiday cheer sometimes comes with a heavy dose of holiday chat. Whether it’s with an uncle, work colleague, stranger or your friend’s friend, even the most social among us can easily tire of well-meaning, but exhausting, conversations. Read more…
So you’re probably wondering how you can maximize your dating portfolio to its full potential, especially since we’re heading into the holiday season and into 2015. Does that mean staying on Match, hiring a personal matchmaker from Three Day Rule, or even doing both? The more open and willing you are, the better chance you’ll have of improving your odds to meet the right person.
Need a date for New Year’s? 13% of single women have been asked on a date immediately following a trip to the hair salon. Fabulous hair and a hot date all in one day? Yes please! 2015 is just around the corner and it’s the perfect time to turn your color from drab to fab. Match and Wella Professionals have teamed up to bring ‘Girls’ Night Out’ Stir events to women across the country. For those of you who can’t make it to an event, we’ve teamed up with Wella Professionals Celebrity Colorist, Jennifer J. to provide her top hair-coloring tips and tricks to make a bold statement in the New Year.
Wella Professionals Celebrity Colorist Jennifer J. is one of the most sought-after celebrity hair colorists nationwide among the influencers, tastemakers and entertainment elite. Her experience spans more than 15 years, during which this time she has become a key figure in the world of hair coloring.
- Want to get rid of your ombre style for winter, but still enjoying your lighter ends? Do a layered gloss! Mix three different colored glosses using Illumina and Color.id by Wella Professionals. Pick a rich shade for your roots that works with your skin tone and for your hair’s mid-shaft area, go one level lighter. Mix Color.id into the color so you can paint horizontal sections going lighter as you go down. With Color.id, your color won’t bleed and you can get as creative as you want.
- Hair can be extra-dry in the winter, so after washing and conditioning your hair, don’t rinse the conditioner out all the way so there is a small amount left in your hair. This will coat and protect your hair while keeping it extra-moisturized.
- Winter white isn’t only for clothes. Blondes, think “radiant” for winter. A few perfectly painted highlights will give your color a boost but won’t damage your hair. Think: Less is more.
- Brunettes, go a little darker for winter with deep rich tones. Think: chocolate, espresso, amber brown, chestnut. Warm browns are really flattering for most brunettes!
- Redheads can still experience a change in the winter. A darker, richer root and redder warm tones all over looks the most natural on redheads and avoids the problem of your hair looking too pink or orange.
The office holiday party is fast approaching. While searching for the perfect outfit, you realize you’ve forgotten to make an appointment at the local blow dry bar and now it’s too late! Never fear, the folks at Wella Professionals have come up with 3 easy holiday hairstyles that are guaranteed to make a statement at your next holiday party. Find out how to get romantic waves, a sleek and straight style and a braided up-do below!
It’s that time of year when everyone starts talking about new plans. The words “resolutions” and “goals” begin to pop up everywhere as we get nudged to think about all the habits we’re going to break or begin.
While it’s important to consider goals for the coming year it’s equally important to consider how to make the most of the year still on the calendar. With roughly five weeks left in 2014, we bring you five easy, at-your-fingertips ways to add fuel to your overall experience on Match: Read more…
Black Friday, the retail industry’s favorite day for deals before the holidays, has finally come– and this year, it’s packing its biggest punch yet. There are countless retailers offering unbelievable savings this season, but if you’re looking to treat yourself to some steals while picking up gifts, you’ve come to the right place. Read more…
Brought to you by Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Ambassador, Andy LeCompte
It’s no coincidence that 13% of single women have been asked on a date immediately following a trip to the hair salon—they have great hair! To help ensure your locks are in their best shape for date night, Match and Wella Professionals have teamed up to bring ‘Girl’s Night Out’ Stir events to women across the country. For those of you who can’t make it out to an event, we’ve teamed up with Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Ambassador Andy LeCompte to provide hair care tips and tricks to you here! Read more…