From Mi Cocina to The Mansion, Uptown to Addison, Match.com Singles Dish on Dating in the Big D
Dallas, Texas is Match.com’s hometown, and we wanted to get a pulse on the dating scene in our own backyard to see just what singles are up to in DFW. We surveyed over 1,000 local singles in Dallas, and the results reveal everything from the best local date spot, sexiest Dallas profession, to which local grocery store has the hottest shoppers. See full results below:
- Hottest Dallas-Based Company -Geeks Beat out the Glitz: Diamonds are apparently not a girl’s best friend when it comes to the most eligible Dallas-based employees to date. Dallas women chose the men of Zale Corporation last at 3%, overwhelmingly opting for the more studious company, Texas Instruments, at 30%.
- Least Datable Dallas Professions – Cattle Barons and Athletes: When asked to choose which professions local singles were least likely to date, Cattle Barons ranked as the least datable occupation at 35% followed closely by Professional Athletes at 30%.
- Hottest Shoppers – Central Market Ranks #1 over Whole Foods: 47% of singles reported that Central Market had the hottest single shoppers of any grocery store in Dallas. Whole Foods came in second at 32%, and the Farmer’s Market came in last at 4.5%.
- Oak Cliff Least Lively Singles’ Scene: Rich with new restaurants and shops, the West Dallas/Oak Cliff/Bishop Arts region may seem like the up-and-coming scene, but this area’s appeal apparently has not yet caught on with singles, with only 1.2% reporting this area to have a great dating scene.
- Singles’ Favorite Dates? Steaks & Sports Rule: A steakhouse dinner was named the most quintessential Dallas date (37%), with the most iconic date spot being The Mansion on Turtle Creek (40%). If you’d rather not shell out for steak, Tex-Mex giant Mi Cocina was voted the best restaurant in Dallas to bring a date (37%). Lastly, if a dinner date is not on your to-do list, a professional sports game came in second as the quintessential Dallas date at 27%, and a picnic at the Arboretum came in third at 21.2%.
- Rangers Ranked Hottest Dallas Sports Team: Despite a devastating wild-card loss, the Texas Rangers are still no. 1 in singles’ books, with 38% saying this Dallas team has the hottest players. The Dallas Cowboys came in a close second at 33%.
- Hottest Owner? Mark the Mogul Wins the Title: Dallas singles overwhelmingly voted Mavericks’ Mark Cuban as the sexiest team owner (62%), with the Cowboys’ Jerry Jones coming in dead last at 4%.
- Suburbs Still Sexy: When asked what neighborhoods Dallas singles would be willing to date someone from, North Dallas (Preston Hollow, Addison, Farmers Branch) and Plano/Richardson tied for first at 91%, just ahead of Downtown/Uptown at 78%.
- How Far Will Dallasites Travel For Love?: While a 42% of singles reported that they wouldn’t be willing to travel over 30 minutes for a date, 45% responded that they would be willing to trek 45 minutes to an hour, meaning all hope is not lost for any Fort Worth fella looking to date a Dallas gal (or vice versa).
To further celebrate Dallas singles, we are ramping up our Stir events in Dallas with more than 10 different events currently planned for singles through October. You can find out more about these exciting events in Dallas, like a Sur La Table cooking class, an Underground Dinner w/ Chef DAT and multiple happy hours at local hot spots like Private Social and Standard Pour, by registering on Match.com today!
Do you date in Dallas? Tell us your favorite dating spots below! Texas Instruments ladies and gents can receive free Match.com subscriptions by emailing us at PR@match.com!