By Julie Spira, Online Dating Expert and CEO, Cyber Dating Expert
This week marks the beginning of summer, and just like the change of every season, there always seems to be an uptick in new clients looking for love online.
During the summertime, when the days are longer, and the weather is warmer, dating will be super HOT as well.
Based on analyzing over two decades of their users’ activity, Match has predicted the hottest day of the summer for online dating will be on Sunday, July 8th, which will be 20% busier than on Valentine’s Day.
If you didn’t experience fireworks with someone special on 4th of July, now you’ll have an opportunity to find summer love BIG TIME just a few days later. We’re here to help you look your best to find a date this summer to ramp up your profile and to head out into the sunshine with these tips.
What should you do to get ready for summer fun?
- Update your existing profile now to get ready with new photos wearing summer apparel. (Think halter top or a tee shirt, over a turtleneck)
- Include some of your favorite summer activities, such as beach barbecues, fly fishing, or hiking. (Remove the ski-bunny photos and replace them with beach shots)
- Change your profile to include favorite date ideas, such as going to an outdoor concert, an amusement park, or riding a tandem bicycle. (Check online listings for free events in your neighborhood)
- If you have a summer vacation booked, include how excited you are to travel to that destination. (Your potential date may have been there and can give you some pointers)
- Include your favorite flavor of ice cream or frozen yogurt, as it’s a hint of where you should go on a date that happily extends into dessert. (Remember to put a second date on the calendar before you go home)
There’s something magical about sunshine, where people are smiling more and are open to meeting. Whether you like beach or lake walks, or are up for a scary ride on a roller coaster, now’s the time to find a summer romance to last throughout all the seasons.
Wishing you much love and joy in cyberspace, or wherever you may swipe or roam.
Julie Spira is America’s Top Online Dating Expert and Digital Matchmaker. She’s the CEO of Cyber-Dating Expert, and as an early adopter of Internet dating, has been coaching singles on finding love online for almost 25 years.
SIGN UP for the FREE Weekly Flirt newsletter for dating advice delivered to your inbox.