Some mothers are a never ending source of advice, “Wear this!”, “Don’t do that!” or the dreaded “Just be yourself.” Unsolicited “guidance” can come from all angles when you’re dating, and new data from Match shows that singles aren’t taking it.
With Mother’s Day right around the corner and the highly anticipated comedy film, SNATCHED, coming out on May 12th, we’re lamenting on the #Momvice that tries to permeate our lives.
We want to know the best/worst/funniest/most ridiculous dating advice your mom has given you and, in return, you’ll be entered for a chance to win an unforgettable Mother’s Day trip!
Simply, tag @Match and use the hashtags #Momvice and #sweepstakes on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for a chance to win a trip with your mom to attend the LA premiere of SNATCHED, starring Goldie Hawn and Amy Schumer! We’ll pick up the tab for round-trip airfare and a 2-night stay for you BOTH…so, are you ready to share your #Momvice!?
Don’t forget to enter by April 30th AND even if you don’t make it to LA, take mom on a mother/daughter date to see SNATCHED in theaters everywhere May 12th. We wonder what type of #Momvice your mom will have after watching this hilarious clip:
NEED SOME INSPIRATION
We’ve shared a few things our own mothers have said to get the wheels turning as you reflect on the #Momvice you’ve received.
- Mom: “No one is going to want to buy the milk, if you’re giving the cow away.”
- You: “MOM! First, we don’t refer to women as cows! Second, we’re not talking about this.”
- Mom: “You should go out with Mary Lou’s daughter. She has a great job and is super nice.”
- You: “I’m pretty sure she’s been married for about 5 years now…”
- Mom: “Is THAT the dress you’re going to wear?”
- You: (Internal moment of panic) “YES, why!? What’s wrong with it?”
- Mom: “I’m just not sure it screams ‘single and ready to mingle’.”
- You: “I don’t even know what that means.”
Finally, all of this talk about #Momvice reminds us that mom’s advice generally comes from a place of love, maybe even nostalgia. She’s excited for you and just wants to be helpful.
So, the next time you want to rip your hair out when mom starts in about how “you shouldn’t be kissing so many frogs.” Give her a break… she really does have your back.
Be sure to head over to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram today and share your #Momvice with us!
For Official Sweepstakes Rules, click here.