There are Stir events happening every night all over the country, and we want to share with you a few of our favorites each week. This week we’re featuring a beer-tasting event with a local Boston pro — an event back by popular demand!
Singles from Boston and surrounding areas will learn about history, flavors and ingredients of the almighty brew while sampling selections at local hotspot Eastern Standard. Two events will take place: one on September 4th and another on September 17th.
What Will Go Down
Nestled in the heart of Kenmore Square, Eastern Standard offers a unique brew tasting experience. Whether you’re a connoisseur or sip the occasional stout, this event will be hopping! Enjoy delicious food with new friends while gaining a broader knowledge around brewing and specific beers. Louie, Eastern Standard’s resident Cicerone (beer sommelier) Certification, will guide you through your experience all while delighting you with a burgeoning comedy act. His knowledge will entertain you while awakening your palate and engaging your senses.
Tickets for the events will include:
- 3oz pours of each draft beer – Reissdorf Kolsh, Anchor Steam, Backlash Groundswell, Ithaca Flower Power IPA
- One full pint of your choice from the sampled selection
- Food! Grilled flatbreads, house made chips & French onion dip, beer cheese & crackers, mini grilled cheese & mini beef burger sliders
- Expert guidance on ingredients, flavors and history from your host, a level-one Cicerone
- Learn about and judge each beer using official BJCP (beer judge certification program) tasting forms
Enjoy craft brews and make new friends at this one-of-a-kind class. Save your spot today!
Find out the latest Stir events happening in your neighborhood by signing onto your Match.com account today. New events for all age groups and cities all over the country are added frequently, so head to the “Events” tab onsite to see where Match.com singles are mingling near you in 2014!