As a follow up to our Propose Perfectly contest in November, we wanted to give you the inside look at our contest winners, Troy and Eliza, and the beautiful video that resulted from their proposal last month! Tampa, FL couple Troy and Eliza were selected to win our contest because of Troy’s overwhelming love, admiration and respect for Eliza– a widowed single mother of three who rarely takes time for herself. Troy (with the help of an all-star proposal team), began planning the ultimate surprise for his future bride-to-be… but not before documenting their entire love story on film, unbeknownst to her.
We wanted to get the scoop on love and life in Tampa from the couple themselves with their favorite places from around the city—check out where they love to go and what the love to do below:
Troy and Eliza’s Faves in Tampa
- Favorite restaurant in Tampa: Capital Grille
- Favorite date activity in Tampa: Side Splitters Comedy Club
- Favorite sports team: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Boston Red Sox according to Eliza!)
- Favorite neighborhood for a date: Hyde Park
- Favorite activity to do with all six kids: Jet-skiing
- Dream wedding location: Sunset Beach House at Treasure Island
- Schools where you work: Eliza: 3rd Grade at Denim Oaks Elementary; Troy: Football coach at Ridgewood High School (Go Rams!)
- Troy’s other job: Coach of the UIFL Sarasota Thunder
- Alma maters: Troy: University of Notre Dame; Eliza: University of Southern Maine
- Hottest weatherman: Dave Osterberg on FOX Tampa Bay (according to both!)
What is Troy and Eliza’s BEST tip for Match.com members in their search for love?
“Believe… trust… and don’t be afraid to put the REAL you out there! There REALLY is that one person that is made for you that is out there, and they are searching for YOU. No matter what you have been through in life, no matter your circumstance don’t quit and don’t give up hope. You may need to kiss a few toads, but just keep puckering up, because you WILL KISS THE RIGHT TOAD someday!”
Let us know your thoughts on their proposal video in the comments below!