Match.com has teamed up with Spotify to uncover what artists and music today’s singles are tuning in to when gearing up for date night. We surveyed more than 1,100 members and found that 78% of singles listen to music to get pumped up for a date, and whether they channel suave Justin Timberlake or self-empowering P!nk when getting amped up, music is an integral part of dating!
So how do singles incorporate music into their dating lives? Check out the data (and the perfect pre-date playlist) below!
- Music to Primp To: When asked what type of music they prefer listening to while getting ready for a date, 57% of men chose classic rock, while the majority of women (54%) preferred pop music/top 40 hits.
- Classic Moves: 49% of men and 39% of women said they found classic rock to be a turn-on for their dates to play in the background to set the mood.
- Mood Music: While 49% of men choose to listen to classic crooner Barry White when getting pumped up for a date, 44% of women chose sexy current artists like Robin Thicke and Maroon 5.
- Mood Killers: Both men and women agreed that rap, country and heavy metal music are no-no’s on a date.
- Music Idols: 49% of men channel Justin Timberlake when embarking on a first date, while the majority of women (26%) channel P!nk.
- Which Artist is Crushing it? 40% of guys named Taylor Swift as their music crush, who received more than double the votes of her nearest competitor, Rihanna (19%). Women are currently crushing on Robin Thicke (32%).
Based on our findings, Match.com & Spotify created All Amped Up: The Single Best List of Pre-date Anthems on Spotify!
Do you listen to music while you get ready for a date? Tell us your favorite “pump-up” song in the comments below!