Are “Friends with Benefits” (FWB) and one-night stands a new relationship norm? See how singles answered below!
Friends with Benefits: An Emerging Stage in Romance? 47% of singles are have had a friend with benefits relationship in the past (40% of women and 53% of men). More than ever before, friends with benefits are turning into long-term relationships (2012: 44%, 2011: 20%).
More than ever before, singles are having friends with benefits situations and one-night stands:
- One-night stand: 2011: 13%; 2012: 54%
- Friends with benefits: 2011: 20%; 2012: 47%
One Night Stands
- 1/3 (33%) of singles have had a one-night stand turn into a relationship; more men than women (35% vs. 30%) have experienced this
- 1/3 of singles (31%) had a one-night stand last year (2012)
- 44% of single women have had a one-night stand in their past
- 63% of single men have had a one-night stand in their past
You might also like: