Calling all hot mamas! In honor of Mother’s Day this coming Sunday, we dove into our Singles in America data to reveal some interesting stats about the women who run the place- Moms! With over 45% of Match.com users having children, we wanted to a closer look at the profile of today’s single mom to better understand their wants, needs and the unique issues they face while dating. Here’s what we found about the modern day single mother:
- Can’t hold them down: The combined stresses of singledom and parenthood aren’t taking a toll on mom’s attitudes as 78% of single moms were happy with their lives, slightly more than single women without children
- Relationship, hold the marriage: 1/5 of single moms would not remarry under any circumstance, while 42.4% would consider getting remarried if their child(ren) had built a strong, positive relationship with their partner.
- Little Cupids: Nearly one third (33.5%) of single moms would let their child set them up on a date.
- Democratic domestics: A majority (43.4%) of single moms identify as Democrats, while only 24.2% identified as Republicans. Less than the 29.9% responded as Independents.
- Online (date) shoppers: One fifth of single moms met their most recent date through an online dating site, more than any other place.
- Dating deal breakers: when considering a committed relationship a disheveled, unclean appearance (78.6%), laziness (77.8%) and neediness (72.9%) ranked as single moms’ top deal breakers.
Happy Mother’s Day to all moms out there looking for love! Do you find any of these stats surprising? Tell us in the comments below!