- 8 oz. Short pasta (penne, rigatoni, or bow-tie), cooked according to package directions minus 2 minutes
- 1 Winter squash, peeled and diced
- 2 tbs. Extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of saffron
- ½ c. Dry white wine
- ½ c. Clams in clam juice
- 2-3 tbs. Fresh basil, chopped
1. In a medium pan, sauté the winter squash in the olive oil until golden brown.
2. Add your saffron and deglaze the pan with the dry white wine.
3. Add clams in clam juice and reduce liquid by half. Add the pasta drained pasta and finish to cook inside the sauce until the liquid has thickened and the pasta is nicely coated with the bright yellow sauce.
4. Finish with the handful of fresh chopped basil. Serve warm.