- 1 large purple eggplant
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c. marinara sauce, homemade or premade
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 12 Basil leaves, julienned
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. With a potato peeler, remove the skin of the eggplant. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. On a sheet pan, place eggplant in oven for about 15 minutes, or until the eggplant is soft and almost falling apart with a fork. Remove from oven and let cool.
4. Slice the eggplant into ¼ inch slices. Increase oven to 375 degrees.
5. Take out 2 ramekins. Layer an eggplant slice, about 2 tbs. marinara, 1 tbs. Parmesan, and about Â¼ c. mozzarella, and a few basil leaves. Repeat until ramekins are filled (about 2-3 layers each).
6. Place ramekins on baking sheet and into oven for about 15 more minutes. Remove and serve warm.