A roasted chicken not only makes your house smell fantastic, but it is great for date night because it can be prepped in advance. This dish gives you the chance to focus on your date as you only need 10 minute of real prep time, and the crisp skin and tangy seasoning is a perfect, succulent dish to start up a sparkly night. Carved into eight pieces and served family style, this recipe ensures all flavor and no fuss! -Fabio
Roasted Whole Chicken
- 1 2-lb. whole roasting chicken, innards removed
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, whole
- 2 stems fresh rosemary
- 4 sage leaves
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Fill the cavity of the chicken with the lemon, sage, rosemary and garlic. Rub the outside of the chicken with the olive oil and season it liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place in preheated oven and roast for about 10 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue roasting until a thermometer placed in the dark meat (thigh) reads 155 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature raises to 165 degrees.
- Carve chicken and serve with the roasted lemon and fresh herbs. Great served with a glass of Italian red wine.
You might also like: