What could be sexier than some sweet pillows of love in your mouth? She will melt as the gnocchi melts in her mouth. Eating gnocchi is the second best thing you can do with your mouth after kissing! It is great to share and feed each other the little dumplings.
Pumpkin Gnocchi Dumplings
- 1 lb. potatoes, cooked until soft and mashed
- 1 lb. pumpkin flesh, roasted until soft and mashed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2-3 cups of flour
- 20 sage leaves
- 2 tbs. butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the cooked mashed potatoes with the cooked pumpkin (squeeze with a towel if flesh is too wet) in a standing mixer with paddle attachment. Set speed to low.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste while mixer is running.
- Add about 2 or 3 cups (3 if potato mixture is too wet) of flour and mix uniformly.
- Remove the pumpkin/potato dough from mixer and shape it into fist size ball. Roll it into cigar-shaped pieces and cut it with a knife in dumplings, about 1 inch pieces.
- Cook them in salted boiling water until dumplings float to top, about 3-5 minutes. 6. Top dumplings with brown butter sage: Cook 20 leaves of sage in 2 tbs. of butter in a skillet over low fire until butter is browned and sage is crisp, about 5 minutes.