Also known as “Pissed off prawns”, this dish is a quick, fuss-free food for any seafood lover. The shrimp is easy to eat and perfect with a beer or a great glass of wine. This is a 3 minute fix! -Fabio
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 of a shallot
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb. prawns or large shrimp (peeled and de-veined)
1. In a coffee or spice grinder, grind the garlic, chili flakes, and shallot.
2. In a medium (and deep) saute pan, add 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Once warmed, add in the mixture from the grinder and carmelize for about 10 minutes. Add in the cherry tomatoes and the fresh leaves of basil.
3. Bring the fire to high and once the tomatoes start to cook, add in the Prawns or big shrimps. Once cooked (they will change in a pink color; about 3 minutes each side), let the dish rest for about 5 minutes.
4. Now grab them by the tail and eat them away! Make sure you have some cute napkins with some water and lemon juice squeezed onto them- this will remove any shrimp smell from your fingers. Enjoy!