These meatballs are tangy, healthy, and have a nice kick. They are perfect to pair with a light white wine for a good start to a saucy night! -Fabio Viviani
Balsamic and Gremolata Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs. plain breadcrumbs
- Balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the pound of ground beef with 4 oz of ricotta cheese, 1 egg, salt and pepper and Â½ cup of breadcrumbs. If you like a little spice, add 1 tbsp of chili flakes in the mixture. With the help of a spoon or an ice cream scoop, shape the meatballs. Place them on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and space them evenly.
3. Place the baking sheet of meatballs into the warm oven and cook them for about 20 minutes; then let them rest for 5 minutes.
4. In the meantime, mix the fresh parsley with the lemon zest, salt and pepper, and 1 tbs. breadcrumbs.
5. Drizzle the meatballs with 2 tbsp of thick, aged balsamic vinegar and top with the gremolata (parsley and breadcrumb mixture).