A little pasta never hurt anyone! This is the perfect red wine dish- it’s a little manly but yet refined, and that will make your lady melt. If you ask her “would you like some cheese on it??” then reach for her plate by standing behind her. As you put the parmesan on the pasta, you soflty kiss her neck. BOOM! -Fabio
Penne with Sausage, Olives & Tomatoes
- 8oz of bulk Italian sausage
- 2 tbsp of olive oil or butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 glass of red wine (about 4 tbs.)
- 1 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 scoop mascarpone cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
1. In a medium saute pan, add 2 tbsp of olive oil or butter. Once warmed, add the sausage and shallots and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
2. Deglaze the pan with a ½ glass of red wine (4 tbs.) and reduce the heat. Add the kalamata olives and the scoop of mascarpone cheese. Cook the pasta until it is al dente (still firm) in boiling salted water.
3. Once cooked, strain the pasta and toss it into the sauce. Keep the pasta cooking on the fire for about 3 minutes until the pasta is nicely coated.
4. Serve with parmesan- if she will let you!